I’m developing some group clinics and workshops to be presented in 2014. These events will cover a variety of topics, instruments, and skill levels. This post is intended to show some of the ideas that are in the works. To help make these better I would love to hear some of your suggestions, ideas, or needs that could be addressed in a group setting.
Here is a list of the music topics that may be covered in a group seminar.
- Pentatonic Scales
- Chord Theory
- Chord/Scale Relationships
- Keys/Circle of Fifths/Transposition
- Technique Building
- Genre Bending
- Rhythm Exploration
- Lead Exploration
- Finger Picking Techniques
- Flat Picking Techniques
- Intro to Jazz/Blues/Country/Folk/Reggae/Rock/Funk/Latin/
- Intro to Guitar/Uke/Mandolin/Voice/Trumpet
- Custom Session *
* Michael is comfortable speaking on a wide variety of topics. If you have a unique vision in mind he can work with you to customize cirriculum and a program that suits your group/event needs. Contact Michael< directly for more information.
I recently presented a blues workshop for the Bellingham Ukulele Group. We had a great turn out for a successful event. Check a few of the pictures here: